Level 2 Safeguarding Online Course for Schools
Level 2 Safeguarding Online is designed to deliver the training that all adults working in colleges need. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in a week or steadily work through it over a term. The course includes exclusive video and audio content and is supported by our team of expert safeguarding trainers.
There are quizzes that you need to pass at the end of most chapters to progress with the course. When you have completed the course, you receive a certificate of course completion.
If you are booking a group of staff onto the course, you will get access to the excellent managers function, which allows you to see how your group of staff are progressing.
* Safeguarding in an FE context: Every Child Matters, general principles of child protection, current legislation.
* Recognising if there is a problem: Indicators of abuse (physical, emotional, sexual and neglect), risk.
* Responding to problems and dealing with disclosure: identifying your own emotions, managing preconceptions and judgements, active listening.
* Referring and recording: Your responsibilities, responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), information sharing, recording information.
* Creating a safe learning environment: boundaries and boundary violations, bullying.
* Case studies
* Online safety and cyber bullying
* Safeguarding in a wider context: Ofsted, Local Safeguarding Children's Board (LSCB), Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
This course is suitable for all adults working within primary and secondary schools.
Level 2 Safeguarding Online:
* Created by the award-winning Pivotal team.
* Exceptional training for all adults working with young people in schools.
* Fantastic learning platform with multi media interface.
* Real, practical advice and guidance.